Kareri lake trek- The night of horror





Night in the jungle... yes we spend a night in a jungle and it was not one of the best night of my life. We were going to the kareri lake trek and us somehow we got late, we started our trek at around 3 pm from kareri village and we were at half way through but it was getting dark and we don't want to risk our life since this jungle has tigers, bears, cheetah etc. So, we stopped at one place where people had camped before. the night started very pleasantly and it was like living in million star hotel, we set up the tent, bonfire, cooked some food, played some music and share some horror stories about animals. and then the time come when we have to go to our tents. since the stories were fresh in our mind we were quite scared at that time I got the feeling of depression for the first time, it was so dark and so quiet in the night that any small sound attracts your attention and you mind start building something that you wish should never happen. it was around 1 am and we were trying to sleep when suddenly an animal came to our camp. it was the worst moment of our life that creature was smelling our tent and was hitting the tent, we were inside the camp thinking that if it is a bear or a tiger, we have watched man vs wild and one thing that we learned from that show is that animal are afraid of fire, so we grab the lighter and a deodorant bottle ready to fire, and suddenly that creature was gone. we were waiting for any movement but there was nothing we laid down in our sleeping bags and was praying to stay alive till next morning because once the sun comes up I will be running from this place fast very very fast, it was enough adventure for me. For some time there was nothing movement around the tent, and all 3 of us went to dead sleep I was in sleep when one of my friends suddenly started shouting that there is something outside the tent it had grabbed his feet we all wake-up and start examing what would be it from inside of the tent, we did not find anything and we did not have guts to step out of the tent in all of these activities going around. we stayed awake and start praying because after that incident I was very scared. I stayed awake till 6 am and after that it was bright outside but we were so afraid that we waited for the sun to completely came out, at around 7:30 we all decided to step out of the tent. In the tent, there are generally two gates one the inner and other the outer. the moment we unzip the inner gate we saw a creature laying in between the outer and inner gate where we have put our luggage, the moment I see that creature my heart was in my mouth because it look to me like a tiger and I started shaking, but on examing that animal and after rubbing my eyes it was a dog., yes it was a dog that did not let us sleep whole night and responsible for running my first ever camping, when I went outside I had and another level of respect for life I understand the importance of home, shelter, where one can at least sleep quietly.

It was a great experience since we were not able to complete the trek there was a little regret but after such a life-threatening experience  I was happy, however, I will come back and will complete this trek.

What we missed... we will come back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Food Wise Destinations in India.

THE CHUNGSA-KHAGA PASS (Baspa Valley Kinnaur Himachal Pradesh)